If you are studying at an accredited university and are willing to spend one or more semesters at IBERO Mexico City as an exchange student, we shall be pleased to welcome you. As nominated and accepted student from one of our partner universities, you won’t pay any tuition or application fee. If your institution doesn’t have an exchange agreement with us, we can consider your application as a study abroad student. Study abroad students pay application and tuition fees according to the number of courses they wish to take.
Students from one of our partner universities are required to hand in the following documents. The application and the documentation should be sent by the international office of your home institution. All the documents can be sent scanned by email:
- Filled out application form, with photo
- Official academic record/transcript from your home university.
- A copy of your valid passport (for non-Mexican citizens)
- A certificate of good health (you can use this form).
- For students who will be taking classes in English (and English is not their first language):
-TOEFL iBT with a minimum of 72 (equivalent to B2) or,
-IELTS 5.5 (equivalent to B2), no band below 5.0
- For students who will take classes in Spanish (and Spanish is not their native language). By clicking on the links, you will see more information about the exams:
- EXELEAA exam with a minimum of 64 (equivalent to B2). If they are between 39 and 63 (equivalent to B1), it will be mandatory that they take the intensive Spanish course during the semester (8hrs per week, equivalent to 13 Ibero credits)
- DELE exam: diploma with B2 which is equivalent to 60 over 100 with at least 30 over 50 in each band
- SIELE exam: with a minimum of 178 in reading comprehension, 164 in listening comprehension, 167 in written expression and interaction, and 176 in oral expression and interaction (equivalent to B2). If they have between 118 and 177.9 in reading comprehension, 112 and 163.9 in listening comprehension, 104 and 166.9 in written expression and interaction, and 125 and 175.9 in oral expression and interaction (equivalent to B1), it will be mandatory that they take the intensive course during the semester of Spanish (8hrs per week, equivalent to 13 Ibero credits). The Spanish course will be mandatory in case of having more than two categories below level B2.
- LanguageCert: with a minimum of 60 points in reading and listening and writing (equivalent to B2). If they are between 40 and 59 (equivalent to B1), it will be mandatory that they take the intensive Spanish course during the semester (8hrs per week, equivalent to 13 Ibero credits)
- Copy of Travelers Insurance Policy (which is different to a Medical Insurance). Universidad Iberoamericana has one authorized policy for visiting students and needs to contemplate the following items and coverages: Policy
Study Abroad students are required to hand in the same documentation, but have to use this application form. Additionally, they have to pay $65 US-dollars for the non-refundable Study Abroad Application Fee. Please consult the section "Fees and costs" in order to learn the details about the possible forms of payment.
- For Spring Term: November 1st
- For Summer Term: May 1st
- For Fall Term: June 1st
It is convenient to send us your application at least some weeks before this deadline.
For students who need to apply for a visa (visitor or student) it is convenient to send your documents at least 2 months before the deadline as the Mexican Embassy can take several months to approve your visa.
To verify if you need a visa, please have a look at the section on Visa and Migration issues.