Application process


If you are studying at an accredited university and are willing to spend one or more semesters at IBERO Mexico City as an exchange student, we shall be pleased to welcome you. As nominated and accepted student from one of our partner universities, you won’t pay any tuition or application fee. If your institution doesn’t have an exchange agreement with us, we can consider your application as a study abroad student. Study abroad students pay application and tuition fees according to the number of courses they wish to take.

Students from one of our partner universities are required to hand in the following documents. The application and the documentation should be sent by the international office of your home institution. All the documents can be sent scanned by email:

  • Filled out application form, with photo
  • Official academic record/transcript from your home university.
  • A copy of your valid passport (for non-Mexican citizens)
  • A certificate of good health (you can use this form).
  • A copy of a medical insurance policy that covers your whole stay in Mexico (this document can be handed in later, but 2 weeks before the semester starts at the latest).
    Mandatory minimum coverage of $30,000 USD (or equivalent in other currencies) per accident or non pre-existing disease, no deductible and direct payment from the insurance company. When the policy is received, it will be evaluated by the Student Mobility Office to determine if it fulfills the parameters. In case it misses to comply the mentioned parameters, a new policy authorized by Universidad Iberoamericana will have to be purchased. The policy must be in English or Spanish.

Study Abroad students are required to hand in the same documentation, but have to use this application form. Additionally, they have to pay $65 US-dollars for the non-refundable Study Abroad Application Fee. Please consult the section "Fees and costs" in order to learn the details about the possible forms of payment.

Application deadlines:

  • For Spring Semester: November 1st
  • For the Summer Session: May 1st
  • For Fall Semester: June 1st

It is convenient to send us your application at least some weeks before this deadline, since your visa procedures may take up to 8 weeks or longer. In order to apply for a student visa, you must present a special letter to the Mexican embassy in your home country. We will send you this letter, together with instructions about the next steps to follow, after reviewing your application documentation. Please plan your exchange semester on time, in order not to get under time pressure.

If you are foreigner, please have a look at the section on Visa and Migration issues.