The Academic Liaisons Coordination is the office responsible for supporting the academic relations of the Universidad Iberoamericana (from now on, the IBERO) with external organizations, both national and international, and to assure that they are carried out within a strategic vision and widen opportunities for greater participation by academics, researchers, and administrative staff. It also has the mandate of guaranteeing that the programs it manages comply with institutional policies.
- Assure compliance with institutional policies regarding the following:
- Institutional Membership Program (PIM, for its acronym in Spanish).
- Academic chairs, networks, and consortia.
- Institutional Program for Academic Visitors (PIAV, for its acronym in Spanish).
- Scholarships, by invitation or in the framework of institutional agreements.
- Serve as Liaison Point for institutional memberships in national and international associations, both at an
internal and external level.
- Maintain continuous linkages with Internationalization and Academic Cooperation Liaison Points of all academic units; provide advice and support regarding processes that pertain to the Coordinating Unit.
- Provide guidance to evaluate the convenience, based on cost-benefit considerations, of proposals by the
various academic areas and departments to enter affiliations and memberships, in accordance with institutional policies and objectives.
- Monitor compliance with commitments stemming from participation in memberships and project development activities, as well as regarding the evaluation of results obtained from academic links.
- Follow-up on applications by academic areas and departments regarding participation in the PIAV.
- Guide the administration and management of extraordinary resources given by the Mexican Agency for International Development Cooperation (AMEXCID, for its acronym in Spanish) of the Secretariat of Foreign Affairs (SRE, for its acronym in Spanish) to academic visitors and foreign scholarship recipients, as well as for high-level conferences, student mobility scholarships and bilateral cooperation projects.
- Provide institutional information under the purview of the Coordinating Unit to support the development of questionnaires, statistics, surveys, and other documents requested by official agencies to comply with accreditation processes.
- Give information to departments and university offices regarding activities organized by institutions with which there is a formal relationship.
- Institutional Membership Program (PIM)
- Academic chairs
- Institutional Program for Academic Visitors (PIAV)
- Mixed-funding scholarships and by invitation